- This event has passed.
10 week Online Course with Ian Davidson. Starts 4th October.
Wednesday, October 4 @ 18:30 - 20:30 BST£447
This is a 20 hour course run over 10 weeks.
Wednesdays 4th October – 6th December 2017
6.30PM to 8.30PM (BST)
Online – Details will be sent to you after you’ve registered
Click HERE to read more about our harmony guru Ian Davidson
Class sizes are limited. Book early to avoid disappointment. If we do not get a minimum number of attendees the course will have to be postponed.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course will consist of a mix of anatomy and physiology, vocal technique and practical application with interactive teaching components to get you started on your journey into becoming a singing teacher.
WHAT’S IN THE COURSE
- Intro to the anatomy of the voice (larynx, vocal cords, respiratory system)
- Assessing the singer and their voice
- Vocal exercises sounds/scales/instruction to help the singer sing better
- Intro to the science behind singing
- Practical demos
- Basic keyboard skills
- Equipping your studio
- Developing a lesson plan
- Delivering the first lesson
- Delivering ongoing lessons
- Teaching/learning styles and pedagogy
- Vocal pathology (i.e. vocal damage)
- Vocal health advice
- Basic business and marketing strategies
- Useful resources for singing teachers
- Plus much more…
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE
- A clear and practical method for getting started as a singing teacher
- Useful resources and recommendations
- Recording of each class as well as a copy of the lesson presentation
- A signed Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course.
- A bunch of new friends with similar interests!
- 3 months free BAST membership for ongoing education and support
- Notifications for ongoing educational events and resources
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of professional experience as a singer/performer. Think about it if you don’t have much singing performance experience it will be hard to convince someone that you know enough to help them become a singer.
- Music theory qualifications or Grade 5 minimum knowledge recommended. Knowledge is power.
- Keyboard skills also recommended but not compulsory. It is highly recommended you consider piano lessons if you have no keyboard experience. Being able to play and control scales, plonk out a melody or a set of chords goes a long way in this game. We do cover basic scale building and piano fingering in the course.
During registration you will be asked a series of questions about your experience & qualifications to give us an idea of your background. Your trainer may contact you to discuss the course in more detail and to find out more about you.
If you wish to talk to someone before booking please email to request a call.
NON UK PAYMENTS
If you wish to pay in US, Canadian, Australian dollars or Euros please email BAST and we will arrange an invoice/instalment payments. Please note exchange rates will vary day to day.
PAY BY INSTALMENTS
It is possible to arrange to pay by instalments by prior arrangement. Full payment needs to be made by week 5 of the course. If you would like more information about this please email.
This is a popular course and class sizes are limited. So please book early.
STILL NOT SURE?
Check out the BAST course intro video with founder/course developer, Line Hilton, by clicking HERE
6 people are attending 10 week Online Course with Ian Davidson. Starts 4th October.